21 Day Fix

3 Day Refresh

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Increasing Athletic Performance: In-Home Solution

How to Increase Your Athletic Performance from Your Living Room

While discussing my current Insanity Max:30 results the other day with a fellow coach, it occurred to me that they might be great to share for some of you fellow former athletes out there who are still crushing it on the regular. Some of us aren't looking for weight loss, rather increased  athletic performance.

A little background: As a kid I was always involved in some sort of sport. And not just doing those sports for the season - no, I was at practice daily, at meets on weekends, doubling up on morning and afternoon practices at a young age. I was an athlete. When I entered college I had reached burnout level and chose not to pursue athletics any longer, but to frequent the gym in order to stay active. Fast forward 12 years later and I am still striving daily to be my best and pushing my body to new levels. What I have begun doing has taken my athletic performance level HIGHER (if you could believe it) than what it was when I was in high school. I'm 30 years old - it's pretty damn exciting.

So why do I choose these in home programs? How can they possibly be pushing my body to where it needs to go to achieve results? This is a common mis-conception of gym goers: That in home programs are for the beginners. Thoughts of Richard Simmons and Denise Austin fill their head and the first thought is, "That won't push me hard enough". But the fact of the matter is- the fitness industry has heard you! They know that you aren't looking to sweat to the oldies - that you need to take your fitness up to new levels, increase the athletic performance and endurance, and challenge yourself.

I'm here to tell you and to PREACH that Max:30 will push you harder than you have ever been pushed. I don't care if you do Crossfit, run marathons, or do Tough Mudders - you will be challenged and you will see change. You want to jump higher? Max:30. You want to increase the strength in your legs so you can run further, faster, scale walls, etc? Max:30. You want to increase your lung capacity so that you can push your body through various obstacles, increase your stamina to move more weight, and increase the endurance to be able to push more reps? Max:30.  I have put my body through a lot of hell in my life and this is BY FAR the most challenging workout that I have done to date - and one that is providing me with the best kind of change I could ask for (and it isn't weight loss). Increased Athletic Performance.



As someone who is into the crazy fitness challenges that are out there like obstacle running, etc. I never do a program so much for the weight loss factor as I do for the physical improvement factor. I want to get stronger, faster, and increase my athletic performance so that I can continue doing these crazy challenges without hurting myself, or being laid up for days due to the delayed onset muscle soreness. That's why I push myself time and time again. Max:30 has increased all of that more than I can put into words. I've dropped 5 minutes off of my 5K time in a matter of 6 weeks - a 5 minute time drop in that little time is no joke! I am doing plyometric push-ups, one-armed burpees, and able to extend long periods of physical exertion and not feel like I am going to pass out. If you are looking for something to increase your athletic performance, Max:30 is it.

This is a program for the athletes out there: the former track stars, the football players, the swimmers, the cheerleaders -- this is for anyone looking to get back to those athletic roots or improve the skills that they already have.  And lets be honest - we don't just go to class anymore, have time to do a 2 hour practice, and go home to mom cooking us dinner -- as an adult life just doesn't work that way (for about 95% of us, at least). So, understanding that, the workouts are only a half hour long. Half hour of just straight CHALLENGING your body and PUSHING it to new levels.

If you are ready to get started and seriously take your performance to a new level, let's talk! From one athlete to another, let's hash out how this program can help you nik4213@gmail.com

www.beachbodycoach.com/nik4213
Increase Your Athletic Performance

No comments:

Post a Comment