21 Day Fix

3 Day Refresh

Monday, April 27, 2015

Screw the Snooze: 6 Tips to Jump Start Your Day towards Victory (Intro)



If you are like me, then you have probably uttered the words, “I am not a morning person” at least once in your life – Okay, maybe every single day. The fact is, we can all BECOME morning people, and the reason why some of us aren’t is because we are not waking up with the right mindset.

Think of it this way: God has given you this day as a gift. By constantly hitting snooze you are saying “Thanks for nothing”. Thanks for nothing?! You were given the gift to begin again, to start over, to finish what you started, to take another step towards victory – Snoozing is losing! However, I can honestly say that I know getting up without hitting the snooze button is easier said than done – good intentions included, or not. 

Don't let this be you - Screw the Snooze!
Which is why I decided to create a mini blog series called “Screw the Snooze: 6 Tips to Jump Start Your Day towards Victory”. If we start small, we can grow to unimaginable strength. Over the next six weeks, I will post a new challenge for you to try that week. Apply it beginning the next morning, and watch how your mornings slowly start to shift from “I hate mornings” to “Time to begin my day”. I’m telling you – Been there, done that – it works! It’s time to give that snooze button the finger – and I’m not talking about the one you use to hit it J

The ideas behind this series were taken from the book The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. If you enjoy the series, I highly recommend you also grab the book as this is just one 3 page section that I have pulled. The entire book is fantastic, and one that everyone who is looking to make a positive change in their life should read.

The six areas I am going to focus on are: (1) Silence, (2) Reading, (3) Affirmations, (4) Visualization, (5) Journaling, and (6) Exercise. Beginning your day with just a few minutes of each of these will start it off in a more positive light, and begin propelling you from the start towards your victory. Remember – the mood in the morning sets the pace for the day. Choose wisely if you are looking to make a change.

Check back every Monday for a new tip! Want more ideas on how you can apply the weekly tips? Check out my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/nik4213

No comments:

Post a Comment