21 Day Fix

3 Day Refresh

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Screw the Snooze: The Power of Affirmations

Awesome Affirmation!
In addition to savoring a few moments of silence and reading something uplifting, positive affirmations are a great way to further strengthen your soul and mind. The fact is: our mind can either propel us to some crazy places, or limit us beyond belief. The biggest factor in success or failure is always the person within the act - YOU! There is an old saying that reads, "Whether you think you can or can't, you are probably right."  Why? Because the body achieves what the mind perceives. If you think you can't, you don't have time, you don't have money, you aren't smart enough, you aren't pretty enough, etc. - guess what? You aren't. You need to turn on a switch to speak more positive words into your life and over time, your entire mindset will change.

So what is an affirmation? Basically it is something that you repeat to yourself over and over. Right now your affirmations may resemble what I listed previously, and if so - it's time to switch them. Develop an affirmation for how you want your day, week or life to go. Something as simple as, "This is going to be a great day. I am confident in my abilities, I am organized in my thoughts, and I am READY to take on any challenge that is sent my way." Just re-reading that I feel more empowered. Speak to yourself the way you would speak to your child! Tell yourself that you CAN do things. Acknowledge hurdles as learning opportunities. Never EVER tell yourself that you are not worthy, smart enough, etc. Build yourself up!

My grandmother would always repeat the words "Help me, Jesus" when she was in a frazzled stated. I have also adopted that saying, and while I wouldn't say it's necessarily an affirmation, it gets my mind right during the times of struggle. I will repeat it over and over again, "Lord, help me Jesus. Help me through this, Jesus." You get the idea. The calming effect it has on me is wonderful and it's a great reminder to me that our life's journey is in the hands of the Lord, and each trial and tribulation is there for a reason.

Try it out. Develop a key phrase that is positive when you hit a rough patch in the road. "You can get through this. You are awesome". Watch how your mindset slowly starts to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment