21 Day Fix

3 Day Refresh

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Failure's Never An Option: John's Story

90 Days!!! with P90X3
It's time for another shout out to a Workout Warrior!!! Meet John - a good ol boy and friend of mine from the Knoxville, TN area and fellow Beachbody Coach on the team. John started out like we all do - pretty much at wits end. Like so many, he went through a hardship, but John decided that rather than accepting it and continuing on with old ways, he was going to change things and MOVE FORWARD! John has not only moved forward in his fitness journey - but he has taken on some BIG goals and CRUSHED them as well!


Check out his journey:

Where were you at before you began your Beachbody fitness journey both physically and mentally?

"I was done! I had given up hope of ever being anybody! I was in a toxic relationship, I was out of control with my health and honestly really did not care what anyone thought . To me, life was just a game of living and dying there was no purpose."

What inspired you to begin? What were your goals when you first started?

"What inspired me to start was a year ago this weekend, I got really sick at work . To the point it forced me to leave work early and go to the hospital. Long story short, I had a kidney infection on top of kidney stones. I was down for almost a solid month between 2 different surgeries, recovery
and all. I knew I had to change or it would be this vicious cycle of pain and expenses over and over."

"When I first started, I wanted to get 30 lbs of weight off. I knew it would be difficult. It would require work, but after going through what I had just been through, I knew it was time for a
Go Time at his 1st 1/2 Marathon
change. I didn't care how hard it was going to be, I knew life had to change completely." 

How has the overall journey thus far changed you as a person?

  "Wow! It is unreal! I am happier! I am this positive, happy go lucky person. I feel like a million bucks. Through personal development books (Some call them self help) , a solid group of friends, coaches, and my family, and my faith, I have totally gone a 360 from last year at this time. I love to help others achieve their goals and I am constantly crossing off goals I NEVER thought I would get to cross off."

What are your future fitness goals?

"Future Fitness goals: Wow! I want to top 3 in my age group in my next 2 races, 5k's. Then, in October, I want to complete another half marathon in under 3 hours. Also, I am getting ready to tackle 21 day fix Extreme and my goal for that is to have great enough results to get into the infomercial!!"

What would you say to the old you to get them started and to keep them going?

"Looking back now, it's all about your "WHY"! What is it that motivates you to make those
changes? Why do you want to make those changes? What is going to force you to stick with
those changes  when the going gets tough, because it is going too. Period. You have to find that
why, that you connect with on a deep emotional level. Go after your goals. Find a pair of pants or
something you want to fit into. Hang them suckers up, and every so often, try those things on.
Know that each day you go forward is a step in the right direction. Also know you will have bad
days, but as long as you move forward, it is ok to fall back every now and then. Hell we are all
humans I do it! If your a runner, find a race that scares the HELL outta you. Register for it! Then
focus your training on that! I promise you reaching the goals is the most rewarding thing EVER !"

A Note From Nicole:

John,

I have watched you come so far on your fitness journey, never giving up - even when you get injured (you crazy!!!)  You have been an inspiration to myself, and so many others, to always shoot for the stars and to never give up on a goal - even if you have to go through hell and back to get there - YOU KEEP GOING! Thank you for your posts, your videos, and your unwavering dedication to not only your own goals, but for the support of others and for the team.

One big scary goal down - many more to conquer!!!!! #johnrunsknoxville


Even Stearling Hinton knows a goal crusher when he sees one

No comments:

Post a Comment